Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Update on Faith & Makaila 22

Well...the day has finally come!! One of our girls is coming home!! We're planning on bringing Makaila home from the hospital tomorrow. It's been almost 4 months of trips to the hospital, sleepless nights, tears, family visits, typing blog entries, more tears, countless prayers...and FINALLY we get to have one of our daughters at home with us!! Graham and I went out for dinner and a movie last night - knowing that our lives are drastically going to change in one more day. We reflected a bit as we were sitting at 'Ethical Addictions' (a local coffee shop). Are we ready for this??? In one way I would say a resounding "YES!" I have dreamed about this day for soooo long. There is however, a little part of me that is feeling a little nervous and anxious. What is it going to be like having two kids at home? How will Isaiah respond to his new sister? How will we prevent germs from spreading in our house (so that Makaila doesn't get sick)? What if she does get sick...will she need to be hospitalized again? How will I manage with three kids when Faith is discharged from hospital? How much is Graham going to be able to help when he's working full-time and is required to travel with his job? I stayed awake most of the night last night just thinking about all of this.

I've been doing a lot of running around today - buying diapers and other things that I will need when Makaila is here. I'm off now to do some cleaning. I guess as a typical Mom I am experiencing 'nesting'.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on you baby's homecoming! I am sure that you meant this blog for family & friends, but I stumbled upon it through a few links on others sites...your girls stories are amazing ones! Praise God that they are doing so good! God bless!

A sister in Christ

Miss-buggy said...

Praise God! That is so exciting. Can't wait to hear about your adventures. I give you much credit. I don't think I can handle more then one. You and your family have seemed so strong through all of this. Can't wait to hear that Faith will be coming home soon too. Then complete family all under one roof. Good luck!! Praying for you

Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
When I read about your anxieties about Makaila coming home the first thing that popped into my head was "My God shall supply all my needs" - physically (energy, finances,etc), emotionally and spiritually.
We are rejoicing with you and praying that Faith will join you at home very soon.
Love & prayers,
Jeremy, Leanne & kids

Anonymous said...

Oh Karyn! I'm so happy for you that one of your girls is finally coming home! I totally understand the "nesting" (I had poor Lyle up cleaning my ceiling fan!) and the anxiety of bringing your little one(s) home - I am getting more & more anxious/overwhealmed as my due date gets closer & closer - but Karyn you have been through sooo much with these little angels and from keeping up with your blog I think you have been such a trooper - I'm not sure I could have done it - You have been surrounded by family & friends but most importantly God has provided every step of the way. I have a feeling He is just going to continue to shower His blessings upon your family. I'll definitely be praying for you as life changes yet again with the first homecoming of one of your little girls - may God give you strength and peace - and may Faith soon be able to join you all at home as well!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS on being able to take makaila home finally! I hope that makaila stays well and healthy and doesn't have any setbacks. may faith come home soon too! you guys are truly a very special and faith filled family.

Anonymous said...

Oh Karyn, it's so exciting to hear that one of your little girls gets to be home with you. I remember my concerns about Rebecca coming home and how Sephora would react, but I got used to it and so did Sephora. They won't always get along as you know with Colleen and Daryl and Randy. It will be something completely new for Isiah and he will adapt. It's just a wonderful blessing and you have your mom to help. Take care of yourselves.

Love Debra

Miss-buggy said...

so how have the last couple days and nights been? Hope you are all adjusting well

Ana said...

We are so excited for you! It has been a long time coming! May God bless you and be with you all as you make this transition.

Love The Ediger Five