Monday, March 19, 2007

Update on the McMahon family

Makaila has been home for almost three weeks now, and life is starting to settle into routine.
I have continued to visit Faith in the hospital everyday - however I admit it is getting harder and harder. How many days has it been already? Just out of curiousity...I decided to count...and its been 139 days. This means that I have probably visited the hospital over 200 times in the last five months. No wonder I was thinking to myself the other day "...I'm done!!...I can't handle this anymore...I want to get on with my life!!"
Fortunately we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The doctors and nurses are preparing Faith to come home this Friday. Throughout the last two weeks she's been slowly weaned off her diuretics, and as of today everything was stopped. My mom is still staying with us - which is so awesome! She's been a great babysitter, cook, cleaner etc. In preparation for Faith's coming home, tonight Graham and I went mini-van shopping. We've known ever since we first found out that I was pregnant with twins that we would need a different vehicle, but neither of us have been too eager to go car shopping with everything else going on in our lives. We managed to find a 2004 Toyota Sienna in Vancouver for a decent price, so we put a down payment on it. Sometime in the next few days the subjects will be removed and we will be proud owners of a new, used vehicle.
For those of you who still read this blog - thanks! It's great to read the comments and know that people are still thinking about us. You've all been so encouraging! Thanks!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say how much I actually appreciate you guys doing the blog - with everything else going on! It was a great way to pray specifically for what was happening with the family. So, yes, we still read the blog ALL THE TIME - we just don't comment too often. Still praying for you and your family and celebrating that soon both girls will be home. Home with twins and Isaiah too! I'll be praying for you!
Willy & Jodie Grieve

Anonymous said...

You're going to make it! You're so close. You WILL look back on hospital visits. :-)
Love you guys.
Ange & the boys.

Anonymous said...

Karyn & Graham,
I was great seeing you yesterday and little Makaila too. So precious!
Welcome to the mini-van family! The countdown is on - we will continue to pray for you during these last few days. Sometimes they can seem like the longest ones.
Love you guys,
Leanne, Jeremy & Kids

Andrew said...

Graham & Karyn

Thanks for your kind words, guys! It's good to catch up with and breeze through your blog. I think we'll probably end up having more mutual friends than just the Kamstra's since it is Abbotsford after all ;)
Btw, do the Russenberger's go to your church? I'm pretty sure Kurti said he goes to the Nazarene and he comes out to our youth a lot since he's from the same school as most of the youth.
Take care & all the best! We'll probably be staying in touch with you guys (at least, as best as we can in these days)!

G&P
- A

Estelle said...

Yes we are all still praying and thinking of you and your family
Love
Estelle (Priebes friend)

Anonymous said...

Your faith and courage are amazing. You have touched so many lives with your blog. We pray that the days ahead will be easier for you, (but I bet busier!), know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers. I look forward to meeting your family the next time you are over visiting your parents, Karyn.
Love Rick and Paulette Grieve

Anonymous said...

To the core of our soul we understand being "done" with the hospital. Such a difficult journey and one that is difficult to truly express with words alone. You and your family have been an inspiration to ours in our difficult (and long) journey and think you have been absolute stars. You have worked hard and poured your energy and soul in to bringing home your girls safe, happy and healthy...good job:)Here's to a new-vehicle and not having to use it to go back and forth to the hospital!

Love,
Alisa, Deanna and Katie.

Anonymous said...

Hi again,
We wrote at the beginning of your journey (friends of Joan and Terry). We have been with you all along silently in prayer. Thank you to much for the blog and sharing yourselves. We are inspired.
We wish you all the best with your family and the future.
best regards
Anjali and Norman Thomas

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Kevin and I continue to remember you, and to pray! Karyn, this is the last leg of a longer marathon than I've ever run, without a doubt... you can SO do this!!
And your babies are really beautiful - they have grown so much since last time I looked at your photos.
Take care,
Sharon and Kevin

Anonymous said...

Hi K&G...
Only a few more days until I can hold your little treasures, and Isaiah can share all his new words with me in person :) I can't wait!! Know that I'm thinking of you all...and love you all soooo much. I thank God for the gift of you being my family :)
Much love, Jenny

Ana said...

I remember how tough that was. But you are almost done with hopspital visits! Yeah!
May God bless you as you bring Faith home and bond as a family. We are thinking of you!

Love The Edigers